CCCA is proud to announce "Olana Plein-Air: Creating Landscapes within the Landscape"!
Please join us as we celebrate the Third Annual
“En Plein Air Paint-Out, Exhibit & Auction”
at Olana Historic Site, Route 9G, Hudson, NY
Thursday, October 16th: Spend the day enjoying the beautiful grounds of the Olana Historic Site, the home of Frederic Edwin Church, one of the major figures in the Hudson River School of landscape painting. Thirty of the country's finest artists will be painting 'en plein air' (outdoors) beginning this day. Visitors have the opportunity to watch them as they create original works of art from the amazing views surrounding them.
Friday, October 17th: Painting continues! Artist may be viewed painting on site throughout the day (7am - dusk)
Saturday, October 18th: Third and final day of painting! Artists will deliver their 'wet canvases' to the Wagon House Education Center by 2:00 pm where artwork will be installed for event guests to view during a special cocktail hour followed by a live auction beginning at 5:00 pm.
Thirty plein air artists will capture one of the most famous sites in America and the 19th century home, studio and designed landscape of Hudson River School artist, Frederic Edwin Church. The 250-acre historic estate features a Persian-inspired mansion and five miles of carriage drives, many of which traverse the property developed in much the way that Church created his canvases, with strategically-revealed vistas of one of the most strikingly beautiful places in the Hudson Valley.
Make plans to visit Olana during the Thursday, October 16th through Saturday, October 18th paint out! Walk the grounds of Olana and see the artists 'in action' as they paint the landscape during Olana's hours of 7am -dusk. Then please join us on Saturday, October 18th for our cocktail reception beginning at 4pm with the auction of wet canvases starting at 5pm. A beautiful evening filled with gorgeous art awaits you, plus cocktails and gourmet hors d'houevres as well as special musical guest, Soul Device. What could be a better way to celebrate our glorious Hudson River Landscape?
VISIT OLANA ONLINE: www.olana.org
VISIT CCCA ONLINE: www.artscolumbia.org
Music provided by Soul Device: www.souldeviceband.com
All ArtsWalk photography courtesy of Daniel Region: www.regionsphotos.com
THIS SPECIAL PROGRAMMING IS MADE POSSIBLE BY THE GENEROUS DONATIONS OF THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS:
The City of Hudson NY, Columbia County Board of Tourism, Carlucci's Catering, Valerie Balint, Maria Kolodziej-Zincio, Frances Heaney
PARTICIPATING ARTISTS ARE:
- Stephanie Amato http://www.stephanieamato.com
- Scott Thomas Balfe www.scottthomasbalfe.com
- Jane Bloodgood-Abrams www.janebloodgoodabrams.com
- Arlene Boehm http://www.artscolumbia.org/ccca/
- Gerald Cooley http://www.stateofmindart.com/
- James Cramer http://www.markgrubergallery.com/
- Joe Danciger
- Timothy Ebneth www.timebneth.com
- Olive Farrell www.olivefarrell.com
- Tarryl Gabel www.tarryl.com
- Michael Garland www.garlandpicturebooks.com
- Laura Garramone http://pastelistlgarramone.wix.com/laura
- Elissa Gore www.elissagore.net
- Dan Graziano www.dangrazianofineart.com
- Jamie Williams Grossman www.hudsonvalleypainter.com
- Karen Hummel
- Gretchen Kelly www.gretchenkellyart.com
- Kathryn Kosto www.poetrycollage.com
- Sally G. Lyon http://riverwindsgallery.com/Rhinebeck10.htm
- Patrick McPhee www.patrickmcphee.com
- Dominique Medici www.dominiquemedici.com
- Walter J. Pasko www.paskofineart.com
- Steven James Petruccio www.stevenjamespetruccio.com
- Judy Reynolds http://hudsonvalleyartandwine.com
- Kari Ganoung Ruiz www.kariganoungruiz.com
- Mitchell Saler www.mitchellsaler.com
- Trish Wend
- Catherine Whitehead www.catherinewhitehead.com
- Susan Whiteman www.susanwhitemanpastels.com
- Marlene Wiedenbaum www.wiedenbaum.com
Tickets are $10 per person and include hors d’oeuvres, cocktail reception and auction paddle. To reserve tickets, please call the CCCA at 518-671-6213 or click the PayPal link below to pre-purchase and reserve your tickets. Advance reservations are appreciated but not required. Tickets may be purchased at the door the day of the event.